The Colorado Wing Cadet Program requires that certain items be memorized by all cadets. Cadets are subject to testing on these items while attending any Colorado Wing activity, including squadron activities and promotion review boards. Cadets shall be able to recite, from memory, any of the following items:
The Civil Air Patrol Mission: "The mission of Civil Air is to voluntarily use its resources to meet Civil Emergencies, to encourage Aerospace Education of the general public, and to motivate young men and women to ideals of leadership and service through Aerospace Education and training."
Civil Air Patrol Motto: Semper Vigilans (Always Vigilant).
Civil Air Patrol Cadet Oath: "I pledge that I will serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program, and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation."
Cadet Honor Code: "On my honor as a Civil Air Patrol Cadet of the Colorado Wing, I will not lie, cheat, steal, or commit any act of intentional dishonesty, nor tolerate those who do."
Definition of Leadership: "The art of influencing and directing people in a way that will win their obedience, confidence, respect, and loyal cooperation in achieving a common objective."
Value of Drill and Ceremonies: "On the drill field, the individual learns to participate as a member of a team, to appreciate the need for discipline, to respond to authority, to follow orders promptly and precisely, and to recognize the effects of their actions on the group as a whole. Learning to follow is the beginning of leadership."
Definition of Military Discipline: "Military discipline is that mental attitude and state of training which renders obedience instinctive under all conditions. It is founded upon respect for, and loyalty to, properly constituted authority."
Chain of Command:
- National Commander -- Maj. Gen. Joseph R. Vazquez
- Commander, Rocky Mountain Region -- Col. Robert M. Bost
- Commander, Colorado Wing -- Col. William E. Aceves II
- Commander, Group 1 -- Maj. Edith M. Graham
- Commander, Squadron 179 -- Capt. Joseph Thorn
- Deputy Commander-- Capt. Todd Blanchard
- Cadet Commander -- C/CMSgt Taylor Blanchard
- Flight Commander -- Vacant
- First Sergeant -- C/CMSgt Jace Dasher
- Bravo Flight Sergeant -- C/MSgt Gregory Arline
- Charlie Flight Sergeant -- C/TSgt Ian Byrd
- Tango Flight Sergeant-- C/MSgt William Carver
- Element Leaders--
Squadron Charter Number: RMR-CO-179
Squadron Motto: Leadership, Service with Honor.