SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SCHOOL AND FLYING- It doesn't get any simpler than that! Each year, Civil Air Patrol provides academic and flight scholarships to deserving cadets and seniors who meet eligibility requirements. Over $100,000 is available. Apply today!
Again this year, members may track their application’s status on-line (scroll to bottom). . Some of the benefits of the new on-line system include:
- User-Friendly. Members may check their application’s status to see when it was received and note whether it is complete or incomplete.
- Manager-Friendly. Unit commanders and Directors of Cadet Programs at every level may monitor applications from members in their units.
- Saves Money. By reducing the need to correspond with applicants via U.S. Mail, CAP saves money and provides better service, especially to members who change their mailing address.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria applies to all scholarships, unless noted otherwise in the various scholarship announcements found on the scholarship webpages:
1. Be a current CAP member;
2. Have earned the Billy Mitchell Award (Cadets only)
3. Possess and maintain an academic and discipline standard acceptable to the school;
4. Be enrolled in a full-time course of study during the academic year for which the scholarship is awarded.
Basic Application Procedures
The following application procedures apply to all scholarships, unless noted otherwise in the various scholarship descriptions listed on the related webpages (see the weblinks below):
1. APPLICATION FORM. Submit to HQ CAP a completed CAPF 95, Application for CAP Scholarship, endorsed by the squadron and wing commander. Please use the form dated November 2007. Previous editions of the CAP Form 95 will not be accepted. Do not attach transcripts at this time.
Please send the CAPF 95 and letters of recommendation electronically to email@example.com. Please put "Scholarship Application" in the subject heading.
When applying for multiple scholarships, submit a completed CAPF 95 and the required supporting documents for each. In such cases, it is sufficient to send photocopies of official transcripts, provided that the original transcripts are included with one of the application packages.
2. DEADLINE. Send College Scholarship and Flying Scholarship application packages to the address below, postmarked by 31 December 2007. See links below for more information.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. APPLICATION STATUS. Upon receipt, HQ CAP reviews each application for completeness and notifies members of their application’s status via the Web.
About two weeks after mailing an application to HQ CAP, visit the CAP scholarship webpage to check the application’s status (see link below under Announcements). This webpage will indicate whether the application has been accepted as complete, or what documents are needed to complete the application. No special code is needed to access the webpage, but applications are sorted by CAPID (individual names are not listed).
It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all application materials on time and to verify their application’s status via the scholarship webpage at the link below. Members who do not have Web access in their home are encouraged to access the Web at a public library or a friend’s home.
Incomplete and ineligible applications will not be considered.
4. ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS. Winners will be announced in the spring of 2008 at the bottom of this page under "Announcements".
5. ACCOUNTABILITY. If requested, scholarship recipients must provide HQ CAP with a record of all academic work completed while on scholarship.
Apply Today! Click a link to learn more about the various scholarship opportunities.
College Scholarships: CAP Academic Scholarships | Auburn University Engineering | Dowling College of Aviation | Clara Livingston
Flying Scholarships: CAP Flying Scholarship | Order of Daedalians | AOPA Scholarship | The Spaatz Association |
United States Air Force Academy Preparatory School
Interested in the United States Air Force Academy? Click here <