Cadet Orientation Rides (O-Rides)
So you want to go flying? GREAT! This is the place to sign up for your Cadet Orientation Rides.
The goal of the cadet orientation flight program is to introduce youth to flying. The Cadet Orientation Flight Program is designed to introduce our youth to general aviation through hands-on orientation flights in single engine aircraft and gliders. The program is limited to current CAP cadets under 18 years of age. Cadets are eligible for five flights in a powered aircraft (usually a single-engine Cessna), five flights in a glider aircraft, and an unlimited number of backseat flights when conditions allow. The program is voluntary and primarily motivational and it should stimulate an interest in general aviation and aerospace activities. At no time will cadets sustain any costs associated with this program.
O-Ride Information for Parents and Guardians: Cadet Orientation Flights: Safe, Fun, and Educational
Powered O-Ride Sign-up
Go to: http://www.capblacksheep.org/orides
There are two parts to signing up. They both must be completed in order for the O-Ride to take place.
- Complete the Cadet O-Ride Questionnaire (top). Only do this once. If you've already filled it out, you don't need to do it again.
- Find an open slot and complete the sign up in Sign-Up Genius (bottom)
Before signing up, please ensure you:
- Have your parents permission
- Have a CAP Uniform
- Are Safety Current
- View the Aircraft Ground Handling Video and pass the associated quiz
- Login to eServices
- Click on Online Learning on the left Side of the Page
- Click on Learning Management System
- Move down to or search for Aircraft Ground Handling Training.
- Have checked with your Squadron Coordinator
- Review CAPP 52-7 prior to your flight
Like Blacksheep Squadron on Facebook to get notified when new flights become available and to contact us with questions or requests!