The Colorado Wing Cadet Program requires that certain items be memorized by all cadets. Cadets are subject to testing on these items while attending any Colorado Wing activity, including squadron activities and promotion review boards. Cadets shall be able to recite, from memory, any of the following items:
Civil Air Patrol Motto: Semper Vigilans (Always Vigilant).
Civil Air Patrol Cadet Oath: "I pledge that I will serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program, and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation."
Cadet Honor Code: "We will not lie, steal, cheat, nor tolerate anyone among us who does."
Definition of Leadership: "The art of influencing and directing people in a way that will win their obedience, confidence, respect, and loyal cooperation in achieving a common objective."
Value of Drill and Ceremonies: "On the drill field, the individual learns to participate as a member of a team, to appreciate the need for discipline, to respond to authority, to follow orders promptly and precisely, and to recognize the effects of their actions on the group as a whole. Learning to follow is the beginning of leadership."
Definition of Military Discipline: "Military discipline is that mental attitude and state of training which renders obedience instinctive under all conditions. It is founded upon respect for, and loyalty to, properly constituted authority."
Chain of Command:
- National Commander -- Maj. Gen. Charles L. Carr Jr.
- Commander, Rocky Mountain Region -- Colonel Donald G. Cortum
- Commander, Colorado Wing -- Colonel Earl Sherwin
- Commander, Group 3 -- Lt. Col. Jay Miles
- Commander, Squadron 098 -- Major Bryce Nelson
- Cadet Commander -- C/Capt Jack Nordell
- Cadet Deputy Commander -- C/SMSgt Matthew Angelo
- First Sergeant -- C/MSgt Andrew McCain
- Element Leaders -- C/TSgt Sean Taylor, C/SSgt Joseph Ensley
Squadron Charter Number: RMR-CO-098
Squadron Motto: Ad Astra per Aspera - To the Stars with Difficulties