SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
CEAP (Cadet Encampment Assistance Program)
Thanks to Air Force support, CAP has special funding available to cover encampment fees and uniforms with an emphasis on serving economically disadvantaged cadets. An inability to afford encampment will not hold back a cadet who wants to participate. All cadets will be considered depending on funds available and the number of cadets in need.
Application: Now open through eServices (March 1, 2019)
Application Closes: 30 day's prior to the start of Encampment
- Financial priority level, first-timer status,and date of application are all factors in awarding funds. Apply early for the best chance of receiving assistance.
Do you need support with uniforms or participation at encampment?
I need help paying for encampment lodging and meals.
I need help paying for a camouflage BDU and/or Blues uniform.
I need help with BOTH lodging/meals and uniforms.
Family’s Financial Situation
- 1st priority Cadets
- My family has a real need for assistance because we meet at least one criterion below.
- Our family has received assistance from the SNAP, WIC, TANF, or HUD public housing program in the past 12 months.
- I attend a Title I school or receive Free School Lunch.
- My parent or guardian has received unemployment benefits during the past 12 months.
- A parent, guardian, or sibling receives Social Security disability benefits
- 2nd Priority Cadets
- My family has limited resources. Financial support would help because we meet one of the criteria below.
- Our family has two or more cadets enrolled in CAP.
- Our family has a combined income of <$60,000
- 3rd Priority Cadets
- None of the above criteria apply, however we’d like to be considered for assistance if funds are available.
- Encampment is a “special” expense that we can’t easily budget for.
- We’ve experienced some financial challenges recently.
COLORADO CAP FOUNDATION
Provide's financial support to members of the Colorado Wing of the Civil Air Patrol to enhance its youth and adult programs in emergency services, community involvement, public awareness, leadership, scholarship, and aviation and space education.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A GRANT OR SCHOLARSHIP?
- Complete the 2019 CO Individual Grant Application.
- Commander or confirming officer signature required to submit application.
- Applications must include documentation explaining merit and need, amount of funding requested, and reasons your application should be approved. Where appropriate, include information on your background and qualifications clearly relevant to the activity for which you are requesting an award.
WHAT ACTIVITIES CAN I USE THE SCHOLARSHIP TOWARDS?
- CAP Events or other activities that you want to participate in for the year, for example:
- Colorado Wing Encampment
- Cadet Officer School
- Regional Staff College
- Private Pilot Training
HOW MUCH IS THE GRANT OR SCHOLARSHIP FOR?
Grants typically range in the amounts of $50.00 to $500.00 depending on the activity, training, and materials for the activity.
Applications must be RECEIVED, NOT POSTMARKED, prior to Feb. 8th 2019. Emailed applications will NOT be considered.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I RECEIVED A SCHOLARSHIP OR GRANT?
Individual awards will not be made prior to April 1, 2019.
- Notifications are generally made prior to NCSAs requiring payment. For Encampment you can email them and let them know you have applied for a scholarship to attend encampment.